Chalmit®, was founded in 1910 to manufacture and supply equipment for the large marine market. The company soon became a major supplier of lighting and electrical products to the marine industry and thereafter throughout the whole country. In the 1970’s, success in the Marine oil tanker business led to diversification into the wider oil and gas market, capturing 85% of the North Sea HID lighting requirement which is maintained to this day. The company expanded its export potential providing support and assistance in developing an extensive, long standing agency network. The subsequent growth in the FPSO market further increased the emphasis on the development of the company’s extensive Ex lighting portfolio.